Not shown here are William's major, proprietary projects and those developed for previous employers. After all, we wouldn't want to violate any copyright laws, nondisclosure contracts, or opportunities to monetize particularly novel solutions!
Video Games and Modifications
William is an avid video games collector, despite not playing them often (he actually owns many titles he's never even opened, and he's perfectly okay with that). Every once in a while, he gets inspired (or temporarily obsessed) and recreates one, hacks away at an original title, or authors a modification (AKA mods) for a favorite. Not everything William has created or contributed to is cited below for various reasons, including:
- The game is now extinct (like mods he made to old BASIC and QBASIC games).
- The mod is no longer relevant (like contributions he made to then-popular mods like PODBot for classic Counter-Strike).
- The work is simply unfinished (original works he's not ready to release or he has abandoned because something better now exists).
- The work is irrelevant (like games written in archaic programming languages or are dependent on libraries that are no longer supported, such as old DOS-based titles written in Turbo Pascal or are based on DirectX 7 for Windows 98 SE).
William's works that have so far survived the last pruning of this list include:
- Inter-Guild Link
- Hosted by CurseForge and written in the Lua programming language,
this is an Add-On (mod) for the immensely popular
World of Warcraft